Thursday, July 10, 2008

A few topics i wanted to talk about..but forgot..

k, i apologize again cuz i still dont have d photo's from d Nepal trip..so yea, i'll continue on first until i get the pics..anyway just finished my finals too so thats y its been quiet since d previous post..

well, i actually thought of a topic to talk about or comment about, but i forgot wat it was..haha..actually in a day, i can think up of 20-30 topics to talk about, but the curse is that i forget..its not that i have a bad memory, its just that it doesnt make it past my short term memory..(haha, k, i'll stop with d psych stuff)..y u may ask? (if ur interested to find out y somethings u remember and other things u forget in a blink of an eye..) well, its cuz u dont find that particular item or memory important, so u forget it..(haha..simple) y isnt it important, that u ask urself, wat do u prioritize..

k la, enough of that la..k, maybe i'll talk about y i address myself as DaMan..well, it all started when i was in form 3..well, in Anderson there was a custom going around to tease friends with father's names (yea, it also happens in MBS).. so ya, my dad's name is Mamman, which my friends distorted it to man man, which means do slowly in mandrin if im not mistaken, and also My Man!( creativity of my friends) anyway, in form 3, i was chosen to be the drum major for the band in ipoh, and so we use to call it DM..so yea, i was talking to my best friend about my post that i got, n i said DM..so my other friend overheard it, so he asked me, "wat is DM? Da Man is it?" and everyone laughed..kinda dumb la, then were teasing me by calling me Da Man!..weird ppl la..so yea, i took it as my nickname from then on..as u can see, most of the time i capitalize the D and the M, because of my achievement..haha, it is considered one of my greatest achievements..not trying to be perasan..not consciously anyway..so yea, DaMan is kinda like the summary of my experience in Ipoh, it reminds me of d entire experience there..which is good..haha..

Cheers..

3 comments:

Ben J said...

ooo not bad. thats interesting how u got ur name and all. haha. but it still is perasan. haha! =P

foundersbadge said...

yea kah.. i kinda believe ur fren meant to say "Dan Man" since they were calling u Man Man.. Dan Man is a variation of it.. haha .. DanMan

DaMan said...

darryn, trust me, ipoh friends werent that smart..or that lame..it was Da Man..