Thursday, July 26, 2007

wat to say?

hmm..really nothing much has been going on in my life..just sitting at home, watching tv..cant wait for weekends..its d only time i can go out..haiz..hmm..today d most interesting thing that happened was when my sis asked me for help in math, n i said no..haha..yea, it sounds like im useless, so my mum has scolded me for doing that, calling me a sinner, and all that..but let me clear something up..when my sis asks for help, wat she is really asking for is d answers for d work she is doing..d best part is it is about loci, (locus in BM) which i've totally forgotten, i was never any good at it in school..but of course that doesnt justify y i said no..i said no cuz i want her to LEARN how to do it, not just get it done for her tuition (btw, d work is her tuition homework that is at night) anyway, i told her to go n ask her tuition teacher how to do it, i mean isnt that wat teachers r for? when i was schooling, i always asked teachers how to do d work, n not get my dad to tell me d answers..that is y i never did homework..if i dont understand, at least i ask how to do it, not use my dad's knowledge to show d teacher i understand, when i dont..haiz..in my humble opinion, i think my sis should stop that tuition, cuz she is too afraid to ask d teacher for help..she is learning more from my dad than the teacher..d best part is, she thinks she is damn good in math..i remember she started fighting with me when she asked me to check her answer.. here is d dialog..

Sonia:
caleb, can help me with this question? (question is 32 x (45-42) = ?)..my answer is 1398

me:
that is surely wrong..(takes out calculator to check).. d answer is 96..

sonia:
no..my teacher said that we must times 1st before we minus..

me:
that is if there is no brackets..because there is brackets, u do d things inside d brackets..

sonia:
NO..MY TEACHER SAID SO..besides, u werent any good at math..

me:
fine, ask pa..

sonia:
pa wat is d answer for this question?

my dad:
96..

sonia:
(starts crying) NO BUT MY TEACHER SAID SO!!..

then my dad explained to her for d next hour y she should do d things in d brackets 1st..she started crying cuz she didnt want to get 1 question wrong, cuz she is scared that her teacher will punish her..

(d story could be wrong, like d question, or wat i said n wat she said, because it is based on memory but d point that she started crying and all that is true..btw this happened when she was in form 1, now she is in form 2)

No comments: