Sunday, October 11, 2009

Refuse to Forget


This may seem as a weird post to some, and to others it may seem that I am overreacting..I mean, I've been thinking about this the whole day and I think that I may be overreacting to the situation..but I guess it is important for me to not forget...really, just refuse to forget what had happened..

woke up on time for church, but decided to snooze a little, which made me late for the bus, so had to catch d next bus which only came like, half an hour later..so yea, caught the bus, got off at my stop, at 9.05am church starts at 9am, and it is about a 5 min walk to church..for those who don't know adelaide, my church is situated in the red-light street, as the pastor of the church has a great conviction to move the church there, as we should be reaching out to the broken..so yea, was late, and naturally i was walking as fast as i can, and as i walked i saw this lady just sitting by the sidewalk..she looked really stoned..like, she didn't look right..but yea, i just walked by..

so yea, in church, i felt really bad, cuz i was just too focused on getting to church..PLUS on friday night, i led worship, and the theme I chose was to help non-christians get an idea what or who Jesus is to us, and for the christians, to remember when they first came to know Christ, how it felt like and also the promises they have made then..So yea, i was trying to help people to get closer to Christ, but I couldn't just stop and check if the lady by the side of the street was alright..i mean what's d point of singing worship songs and going around calling yourself a christian if u cant do a simple thing as just stopping to care for someone..

hope you can understand what i'm saying..i mean yea, i feel really bad..and i know, if i did stop, and i did check if she was ok, and turns out that she snaps at me, because she thinks i'm trying to take advantage of her, i would still feel bad, because i would think "i could have approached the situation better"..so basically, no matter what the outcome is, i would feel bad, because i am not able to help her..thats y Jesus is just soo great..the song magnificient played while i was tying out this section, and the lyrics really struck me..because No one ever will compare to You Jesus....just wanted to make a note of that..but yea, evangelism really isn't that difficult, where you don't need to attend any classes or workshops, although it does really help you refine your skills, but evangelism is just as simple as stopping to ask someone if they are ok..

thats y i've been thinking about it, and i've decided to still post about this, to say that i refuse to forget this incident..because if i forget, then history is doomed to repeat itself..BUT i also understand that I can't walk around with a chip in my heart, always beating myself up for not stopping, as God is gracious enough to show me mercy, i should also be able to forgive myself for my actions..so yea, can't cry over spilt milk..

It's not ok with what i've done, but what's done is done..

Cheers and God Bless