Thursday, July 23, 2009

BB life



Well, some ppl would think that BB life is quite fun, u get to hang out with your close bunch of friends



Or even cuz u get to win competitions



Or even you get to perform with celebrities


But there are some would also say that BB isnt all fun, it is about drill



Or it is about working hard to achieve goals


But yea, as you have seen, i've grown from the beginning to now, and as an officer I realize what BB is truly about..

Its about building character, and not just any character, but Christian character..

The advancement of Christ's among members and the promotion of habits of obedience, reverence, discipline and self-respect and all that tends to a true christian character

thats the BB motto, which I really must admit am finding difficult recalling and what i have wrote is straight from my memory..i really do hope it is not wrong..but yea, starting out as a boy, BB was about learning skills, and also through drill and band, discipline is ingrained in me, and it becomes practiced..but yea life back then was pretty easy, because it was all about me, well, kind of..but yea, when you join in the officer's council, things just change..

suddenly, its not about you and what you want..Which is why BB officers try to teach boys to follow the Will of God..and yea, i found that really difficult, because i was placed in the Juniors' section, which requires me to teach primary school boys, something im still not use to..

anyway, after awhile, i realize that its not about what I want but what He wants, so my perspective started to change, and i serve where ever I am needed..yea, that is all my experience in BB, now that I am out of BB, well, more like im in the outside world, and I realize, all that I've learnt in BB has to be seen rite? I mean, go through all that training, its life changing experience man, so I should be different..so far, I am really hoping that what people see when they see me is to 1st, see that I am a christian, and 2nd that im BB..

the actual reason i wanted to post this was because, yea its been awhile since i posted anything, and also, i wanted to share the hard life of a BB member as well..well, what i've experienced as well, and also i would dare say, most BB members who are still serving..the number 1 challenge for me is that I am bound to a life of discipline, because I am an example to my boys, and as i said earlier, i want to reflect what BB boys are..anyway yea, I have to be bound to my values, which at times are difficult, and yea being out of BB for such a long time, im starting to become complecent and i have neglected my values

so yea, thats my life..well, another page in the book anyway..but yea BB is awesome..just as what Mr Wong have introduced when we were trying to run the recruitment drive back a couple of years ago, we came up with d 3 aspects of BB that will be experienced and also will be taught, which are Character, Leadership and Brotherhood..and here, being asked to help organize guys' ministry, i realize that these 3 qualities are what christian men should be or have..from this, i realize how great the BB really is..Thank you God..


Cheers and God Bless

3 comments:

SAIHONG said...

Agree.

1) It's a total different perspective after being involved in the officer council... =)

2) The "discipline" & "example" to be set in our daily activities...

DaMan said...

yea, thats my point of view, and im sure a lot of us who go through this will understand this..

Josef said...

BB!!!!!!